Where "Shhhhh!" isn't allowed!
Family Hope Foundation and Celebration! Cinema present a unique movie experience for individuals with special needs and their families.
Enjoy a disability-friendly environment where everyone is welcome to be who they are!
With an audience of your peers, special families can enjoy something fun together that you might not typically be able to do. Brighter lights, lower sound, limited previews and a group of people who understand your child’s disability will make this family outing enjoyable for everyone!
- 10:30 a.m. showing
- Regular matinee pricing - Friends of Family Hope Foundation, click here to print a barcode for $2 off the ticket price!
all movies in 2D and Open Caption
- Seating questions can be directed to the box office
Theatres now participating are:
- Celebration! Cinema North in Grand Rapids
- Celebration! Cinema South in Grand Rapids
- Celebration! Cinema Crossroads in Portage
- Celebration! Cinema Lansing
- Celebration! Cinema Mt. Pleasant
- Celebration! Cinema Benton Harbor
- Cinema Carousel in Muskegon
2018-2019 Movies (Subject to change, always check back before coming!)
- February 16 - The Lego Movie: The Second Part
- March 9 - How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
- April 6 - Dumbo
- April 12 - Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon
- April 20 - Missing Link
- May 11 - Ugly Dolls
- May 18 Polemon - Detective Pikachu
- June 1 - Aladdin
- June 1 - Minecraft
- June 15 - The Secret Life of Pets
- June 29 - Toy Story 4
- July 27 - The Lion King
Family Day with the West Michigan White Caps - stay tuned for more information on the date
What you can look forward to: An all-you-can-eat lunch with hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and drinks…what is not to like about that? Well, add in a private deck to watch the West Michigan White Caps…and it keeps getting better! Families will have a chance to get players’ autographs, run/wheel around the bases after the game, private behind-the-scenes tours of the scoreboard, face painting, and pictures with the mascot Crash…now that is a great family day! Said the Hartwell family of this event perviously,
“Our family would like to thank you for the wonderful family day at the Whitecaps! My husband and older son usually go to a game each year together, which is nice because they get some time alone…but that began after trying to attend a game as a family and having it go horribly. We are grateful because we felt relaxed and we enjoyed the game, just like the families in the stands. The Pioneer Deck made it possible for our son Mikey to watch the game the way he feels most comfortable. He was able to walk around, sling his slinky, rock back and forth and make his loud and happy sounds! It was outstanding! We also enjoyed the food and atmosphere of being with so many families like our own. It was nice to meet new people and receive hugs from those we've gotten to know in the disability community over the years. Thank you so much for making our kids feel like VIPs, making food and bathroom trips not a nightmare, but easy and successful, and for giving us wonderful memories of watching a game together! We are truly grateful.”
Dan & Melissa Hartwell